ASNT NDT - Certification Program
1. What is central certification?
2. How does central certification differ from SNT-TC-1A certification?
3. Who has the responsibility for certification of personnel?
4. What is the difference between certificating and certification?
5. What are the advantages of ASNT Central Certification Program to industry?
6. Why would I want my employees to become centrally certified?
7. What codes or standards recognize ASNT Central Certification Program?
8. As an NDT practitioner, why would I want to become ASNT Centrally Certified?
9. What are the advantages of ASNT Central Certification Program to NDT users?
10. If I want to maintain my ASNT NDT Level III certification what will it cost?
11. Is the ACCP Professional Level III credential as good as an ASNT NDT Level III?
12. How can NDT personnel become ASNT Centrally Certified?
13. What is required for ASNT Central Certification?
Level II applicants have to pass these four examinations.
· General Written Examination covers the fundamentals, principals and theory of the test method.
· Specific Written Examination covers specific applications of the test method in accordance with codes and standards used in applicable Industry Sector.
· Practical Examination applicants are required to demonstrate their ability to perform the test method on test samples containing known defects.
· Instruction Preparation applicants are required to prepare a written instruction for the test method that is sufficiently detailed to permit another practitioner to recreate the same inspection.
Level II certification can be attained in individual techniques within a test method or may cover all techniques.
In addition to the prerequisite Level II qualifications and experience, Level III applicants must pass the following four examinations.
· Basic Examination covers knowledge of certification processes, materials and processes and general knowledge of other NDT test methods.
· Method Examination covers specific knowledge of that test method.
· Practical Examination applicants are required to demonstrate their ability to perform the method on test samples containing known defects. Note: This examination is waived for personnel who took the Practical Examination as an ACCP Level II.
· Procedure Preparation Examination applicants are required to write an NDT procedure based on a supplied NDT standard.
In what methods can personnel certify under ACCP?
14. Does ASNT Central Certification Program meet ISO 9712?
15. How long is ASNT Central Certification valid?
Son Set Consultants Training, LLC
7679 North 140th East Ave.
Owasso, OK 74055
Contact hours are 9am - 5pm Mon-Fri